A trip to New York City can be at times overwhelming. What cabs are free? Where can I find the best view of the city? Where are the best places to eat? Luckily, Royalton’s team of employees have been around the block and know a thing or two about the Big Apple. In celebration of Royalton’s 25th Anniversary on October 10th, we’ve put together a list of insider secrets to help you plan your next trip to Manhattan.
1. Ask Royalton’s concierge for VIP tickets to the Empire State Building, you’ll skip two lines and get to the top much quicker!
2. Take the East River Water Taxi as an affordable and quick mode of transportation. You’ll have a great view of the Manhattan skyline and can stop along the way at docks such as DUMBO and Williamsburg in Brooklyn as well as Wall Street in Lower Manhattan.
3. Both the Metropolitan Museum of Art and Natural History Museum are donation based, request to “pay by donation” rather than spending the $20 “ticket price.”
4. Catching cabs in rush hour traffic can be next to impossible, Royalton’s secret spot is only one block away. Try the SE corner of 5th Avenue and 43rd street, its a popular drop off for Grand Central Station so there are many empty cabs waiting.
5. The Hickory Old Fashioned is a secret drink at Forty Four that all the bartenders know how to make. You won’t find it on the menu, but ask for it by name and you’ll see what makes it so special.
6. If you have a gluten allergy, let us know. Royalton can make sure to have gluten free bread for you during your stay.
7. While Royalton doesn’t have a spa, it can bring the spa to you. In room massages or bubble bath deliveries are available if you speak to the concierge team! Have you seen Royalton’s soaking baths? Enough said.
8. Royalton is a part of the Clean the World project. Feel good knowing that unused bath products are donated to impoverished people in the U.S and in developing countries.
9. The secret to why all of Forty Four’s meat dishes are so juicy and flavorful is because they are cooked Sous Vide, a French style of cooking that seals in the juices as it’s slow cooked for hours.
10. Best place nearby to escape the bustle of the city for a moment is Bryant Park. You can order take-out from many of the surrounding restaurants and eat in the park.