When it comes to beauty, Michelle Phan knows her stuff, just ask her nearly 4 million YouTube fans. Michelle often stays at our hotels and on a recent visit, we had to ask what are her top 10 beauty secrets for travelers on-the-go.
1. Put makeup on ready-to-use swabs. This is so much better than bringing a ton of different eyeshadows when you go away for the weekend.
2. To refresh makeup while traveling, never glob on more foundation or blush. Instead, spray a mist of mineral water and add a dab of moisturizer to freshen up your look.
3. Leave your house with a leave-in conditioner in your hair. Wrap it in a scarf, and you’ll get an ‘in-flight’ deep-conditioning treatment.
4. Get the most from your makeup. Use products that have “long-lasting” or “long-wearing” in the name to maximize benefits and minimize the amount of bottles you need to pack.
5. Cool cucumber eye pads. Pre-moistened pads soothe and refresh tired and puffy eyes. Stick them in the fridge the night before you travel and they’ll be perfectly chilled on the go.
6. If you run out of mascara, melt eyeliner with a blow dryer and brush it on with a spoolie from your makeup bag.
7. Add a drop of water to (crushed) powder aspirin from the hotel emergency kit as a great DIY for pimple treatment.
8. Use the business cards from your meetings to create sharp, clean edges for your eyeliner look.
9. To make your foundation last longer, skip moisturizers and use a face primer instead.
10. Warm a bit of clear lip balm between your fingertips to slick down any flyaways.